Did you know that many Bahá‘í books are available for free download onto your computer, smartphone, or e-reader?
- At http://reference.bahai.org you can click on an author’s name to see a list of books, including all published translations from the Central Figures, the writings of Shoghi Effendi, and a few other works. To the right of the book title are two small icons that you can click to download that book: one as a Microsoft Word document and another as an adobe PDF document. Both are zip files that require a program like WinZip or 7-Zip to open (newer computers will also have built-in capability to open these zip files).
- Palabra Publications offers many compilations of letters from the House of Justice, as well as books on deepening themes written by Melanie Smith, Paul Lample, and Dr. A.M. Ghadirian. This includes Lample’s Creating a New Mind and his new Revelation & Social Reality. Available at Palabra
- The Gutenberg project aims to preserve
a digital collection of tens of thousands of public domain books: those whose
copyright has expired, or whose authors have placed the books into the public
domain. All of the works at reference.bahai.org are also found here. In
addition, you can find:
- Under “Baha’i International Community” as author - Century of Light, One Common Faith, The Prosperity of Humankind, Statement on Baha’u’llah.
- Under “Baha’i World Centre” - Bahiyyih Khanúm
Posted with : On the Subject of Religion, Book reviews and commentaries