Once again I’ve learned the hard way that it pays to read the release notes. After installing Pex v0.91.x, suddenly I was having trouble running my tests in a particular solution. It has been driving me nuts - Visual Studio was throwing “object reference not set to an instance of an object” errors every time I tried to run tests, and the Test View was refusing to load any test names.
Finally, I noticed that I had a few tests that were still instrumented with HostType “pex” instead of “moles”. I changed these around, and still got the error. Closed Visual Studio, restarted, and voìla, the tests can run, and Test View is populated again.